Lakeland Weapon - Firearm Criminal Defense Attorney
Lakeland Weapons - Firearm Charge Criminal Defense Lawyer, RICARDO ALVAREZ provides professional Weapon - Firearm Charge Defense and other Criminal Defense Attorney legal Services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Polk County, Highlands County, Hardee County, Hillsborough County, Osceola County, Orange County, and the Central Florida Area.
Call 863.709.0808 about your Weapon or Firearm Criminal Defense legal needs in Lakeland Polk County, and Central Florida.
In the State of Florida, Deadly Weapons - Firearm Crimes are serious criminal offenses that are aggressively prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Firearm (Weapon) Charges in the State of Florida include, but are not limited to:
- Shooting or Throwing Deadly Missiles;
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon;
- Improper Exhibition of a Firearm;
- Unlawful Carrying of a Concealed Weapon;
- Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm in Public;
- Unlawful Carrying of a weapon or electric weapon;
- Aggravated Assault (with a Deadly Weapon);
- Aggravated Battery (with a Deadly Weapon);
- Armed Sexual Assault or Sexual Battery;
- Armed Robbery (with a Deadly Weapon);
- Murder, Manslaughter, and Attempted Murder with a Deadly Weapon or Firearm;
- Possession of types of guns and firearms that are unlawful to own in the State of Florida.
When certain felony crime charges include the use of a firearm it is important to know that the State of Florida has the 10-20-Life Statute (775.087) which mandates:
- A minimum 10 year prison term for certain felonies, or attempted felonies in which the offender possesses a firearm or destructive device;
- A minimum 20 year prison term when the firearm is discharged;
- A minimum 25 years to LIFE if someone is injured or killed;
- A minimum 3 year prison term for possession of a firearm by a felon;
- The minimum prison term is to be served consecutively to any other term of imprisonment imposed.
In order to obtain a conviction for arson the prosecution must prove THEIR THEORY OF THE CRIME beyond a reasonable doubt. If the defense presented by your attorney at trial causes just one jury member to have reasonable doubt as to the accused guilt of committing a weapon - firearm related crime, as it relates to the current trial, the accused cannot be found guilty. If the jury believes that your defense was more credible or viable than the prosecution's case, than you may be acquitted of all charges.
If you have been charged with a weapon - firearm crime, you need an attorney on your side who is knowledgeable of the law, experienced at trial, and able to negotiate for you from a position of strength. Call our law office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 863.709.0808, or by using our online case evaluation form.
We stand ready to aggressively represent you, and answer all of your questions. An aggressive defense of your case in the early stages could lead to the charges against you being dismissed or reduced.
WEAPONS - FIREARM CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY SERVING LAKELAND, WINTER HAVEN, BARTOW, POLK COUNTY, AND CENTRAL FLORIDA
Contact Ricardo Alvarez today at 863.709.0808
RICARDO ALVAREZ, P.A.
Attorney, Ricardo Alvarez - Lakeland, FL Lawyer | 863.709.0808