Lakeland Criminal Traffic Defense Attorney
Lakeland Criminal Traffic Defense Lawyer, RICARDO ALVAREZ provides professional Criminal Traffic Crime Defense and other Criminal Defense Attorney legal Services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Polk County, Highlands County, Hardee County, Hillsborough County, Osceola County, Orange County, and the Central Florida Area.
Call 863.709.0808 about your Criminal Traffic Defense legal needs in Lakeland Polk County, and Central Florida.
Traffic crimes are essentially criminal offenses while operating a motor vehicle that places the public at significant risk of physical danger, cause the death of another, or that may cause significant property damage.
Criminal Traffic Offenses often involve, but may not be limited to:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol;
- Driving with suspended or revoked license;
- Violating court approved hardship driving privileges;
- Reckless driving;
- Driving with an open container;
- Having illegal drugs in the vehicle (drug possession, drug trafficking);
- Leaving the scene of an accident;
- Illegal street racing;
- Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Law Enforcement;
- Vehicular Manslaughter.
Depending on the evidence gathered against the accused, specific traffic crime, and sometimes the accused prior criminal history, a traffic crime may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony, ranging in conviction penalties from probation to a term of imprisonment not to exceed life in prison.
If the Traffic Crime is for Driving Under the Influence, you only have 10 days from the date of the DUI arrest to request an administrative hearing with the department of motor vehicles. At this point you may request to be granted hardship driving privileges while you are involved in the legal process of defending yourself against DUI charges.
Many people assume that if they are charged with a Traffic Crime it is an automatic conviction. This is not true.
- If Field Sobriety Tests are administered, these tests are subjective in nature and designed to make almost anyone fail, thus establishing probable cause for the law enforcement officer;
- Probable cause must be proved to substantiate the charge;
- Law enforcement must not have violated your civil rights;
- All electronic devices, scientific devices, and methods used to establish evidence for the prosecution to use against you must be proven to work properly and to have been calibrated properly within the guidelines for the particular legal standards.
If you have been charged with a traffic crime, you need an attorney on your side who is knowledgeable of the law, experienced at trial, and able to negotiate for you from a position of strength. Call our law office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 863.709.0808, or by using our online case evaluation form.
We stand ready to aggressively represent you, and answer all of your questions. An aggressive defense of your case in the early stages could lead to the charges against you being dismissed or reduced.
CRIMINAL TRAFFIC DEFENSE ATTORNEY SERVING LAKELAND, WINTER HAVEN, BARTOW, POLK COUNTY, AND CENTRAL FLORIDA
Contact Ricardo Alvarez today at 863.709.0808
RICARDO ALVAREZ, P.A.
Attorney, Ricardo Alvarez - Lakeland, FL Lawyer | 863.709.0808