Lakeland Drug Charge Criminal Defense Attorney
Lakeland Drug Crime Defense Lawyer, RICARDO ALVAREZ, P.A. provides professional Drug Crime Defense and other Criminal Defense Attorney legal Services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Polk County, Highlands County, Hardee County, Hillsborough County, Osceola County, Orange County, and the Central Florida Area.
Call 863.709.0808 about your Drug Charge Criminal Defense legal needs in Lakeland Polk County, and Central Florida.
In the State of Florida, there are various forms of Drug Crimes:
- Drug Possession: Drug Possession is by far the most common drug crime individuals are arrested, charged, and face trial for throughout the State of Florida and across America. Drug Possession may include illegal drugs, illegally obtained prescription drugs, and illegal possession of other controlled substances.
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: Drug paraphernalia is lawfully considered any item that is used to ingest, inhale, or inject a controlled substance, such as marijuana, cocaine, or heroine. Drug Paraphernalia may also be considered items that are associated with the illegal manufacturing or cultivation of illegal drugs or controlled substances.
- Possession With Intent To Sell: Drug Possession with Intent to Sell may be charged depending on the amount or weight of the specific drug (or drugs) that are in the physical possession or under the physical control of the accused.
- Illegally Obtained Controlled Substances: May be charged if the accused is determined to have prescription drugs that he or she is not legally authorized to possess (such as not having a prescription for), or unlawfully have in his or her possession any controlled substances.
- Drug Trafficking: Drug Trafficking is essentially when the possession of the amount or weight reaches a statutory level beyond possession, or intent to sell. Because of the amount or weight of certain drugs specified in the statutes, a Drug Trafficking Crime is often charged against those who the State may believe is "higher up in the food chain", such as a drug manufacturer or distributer. Penalties for Drug Trafficking may be much more severe than simple possession or possession with intent to sell.
- Illegal Drug Manufacturing or Cultivation: Commonly attributed to law enforcement raids on a location, if materials exits at a specific location that are used to manufacture drugs illegally or grow illegal drugs. It may not always be necessary for the drugs to be at the location for a person to be charged with Illegal Manufacturing or Cultivation of Drugs.
Some drug charge crimes may require the prosecution to prove intent, such as the sale of illegal drugs or illegally obtained prescription drugs. The law has provisions that dictate that a specific amount or weight of a certain type of drug shows intent. In other drug cases, physical possession or physical control of the drugs must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Physical control of the drug is a factor that will be argued relating to possession and/or intent.
If you have been charged with a drug crime, you need an attorney on your side who is knowledgeable of the law, experienced at trial, and able to negotiate for you from a position of strength. Call our law office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 863.709.0808, or by using our online case evaluation form.
We stand ready to aggressively represent you, and answer all of your questions. An aggressive defense of your case in the early stages could lead to the charges against you being dismissed or reduced.
DRUG CRIME CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY SERVING LAKELAND, WINTER HAVEN, BARTOW, POLK COUNTY, AND CENTRAL FLORIDA
Contact Ricardo Alvarez today at 863.709.0808
RICARDO ALVAREZ, P.A.
Attorney, Ricardo Alvarez - Lakeland, FL Lawyer | 863.709.0808